#5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 10:04

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oowwoo
Just wanted to ask a question about my high FT3 (Quest Lab range 230-420)--my FT3 was 559. I've been taking 112 Levoxyl now for quite awhile, but my Cytomel was upped to 75 mcg's (3 25's/day). Of course I'm now concerned about the high FT3 but have to say that I feel great--no more draggy, tired feeling--that 'barely alive' feeling.

Has anyone here had a similar situation?

When I asked my Endo about the high FT3, he just told me that 'he treats patients, not numbers'. I guess I finally found someone who listens to how I'm feeling, and I haven't had any of the 'overdose' symptoms from the Cytomel--but I'm sure this doesn't mean I'm on the right dose.

Thank you for any information you can share!
Carol

Carol, you have a gem of a doctor. There are many, MANY, people here who would die for a doctor like this - who treats patients and not numbers!!

Bottom line, if you feel fine, you are fine.

Blood tests are a very poor method of measuring thyroid health. How you feel matters far more. Finding a doctor who'll see things this way is next to impossible. You're a very lucky woman.

Nat

P.S. Please be sure to share this doctors name on the about.com list and the thyroid-info.com list. More people need to know who this doctor is!