View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 07:15

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

I have written in other posts about how I have started to count calories along with using the information from TSP and it has been helping me lose the last of my goal (s-l-o-w-l-y but surely?) Of course that means limiting some things , and using portion control, but I have not found that to be a bad thing. It is much easier to control calories while using the guidelines from TSP due to eating whole foods than when counting calories and not paying attention to quaility of foods consumed.

I think on any plan the last 10-20 lbs. are very tedious to shed and one has a tendency to say -- oh well -- that is all right it is just 10 or so lbs. but then I think of how heavy carrying say a couple of 5 lb sacks of flour (whole wheat of course) can be in a grocery sack. So I try to remind myself to stick with it for my body's sake, to give it a lighter load!

I read a lot of 'diet' books (use the library) and think a lot of helpful info can be gleaned from many. I kind of follow the part in CAD about the evening meal as far as including a 'dessert' (within TSP) and trying to consume it all within an hour -- then in my mind I 'close up shop' in the kitchen and rarely snack or eat anymore in the evening. This seems to work for me (I read this hint in Denise Austin's book) and I wake up with a healthy appetite for a TSP breakfast.

Betty, great photos!