#5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 22:10

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug H
Ok, gotcha, I thought I had read one of your posts that said you were losing fat and could feel it.

I am! But I've felt this since following the CKD parameters sheet...I've not gotten to the carb loading section, though. So far it's been, literally, the exact same eating as on Atkins induction level. But anyone who's done Atkins knows that you NEVER stay on induction more than those first two weeks because it will stall you big time. Reports are that the prolonged low carbs without rest makes the thyroid sluggish...very sluggish. I tend to agree. I stayed on WAY too long and my weight loss slowed to a crawl and then stopped for a LONG time...months. then I was lucky to lose 1lb in two months time.

I might just do my leg day and just push it a bit harder if I can, then start my carb up after that. Not sure yet... and tomorrow's Friday, so I have to get my dookie together and make up my mind if I'm going to carb up or not. The sluggish loss was pretty bad, though, so I think I'll try the carb loading and see what I get. Nothing like being your own ginnea pig!

It's weird, but I went on a BFL "free day" style carb load (a small one) this past Saturday... I ate ben & Jerry's and lasagne. Yeah, high fat, but this week's results are FAR better than they've been in months! No joke! Just between Sunday, when I began following the CKD parameters and today (five days only) I've felt (and can see) a huge change. A couple of my students tonight commented on it. I may have done a no-no with the high carb/high fat thing, but it worked! LOL

BUT... I don't think high fat/high carbs will work for long, which is why I'm curious about the CKD style of carb loading.

Now...everyone has a different opinion about how long to load... one day, two...but I guess this weekend will be my "test run" to see for myself when that "bloat" begins. I'll base my next weekend CL session on those results, I guess.