View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-05, 07:36
Finding Balance

Plan: Atkins/PP Maint, IF24/24
Stats: 162/123/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:~50%/23.9%/20%
Progress: 93%

Okay, I've been reading Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle (BFFM). Very interesting stuff. I can't wait to finish it and then re-read the parts that I want to study more in depth, the parts that I want to incorporate into my life. I did notice that in the nutrition sections (although I haven't read them all yet), he calls for higher carbs and lower fat than my current diet. I'm curious what any of you that may be reading this think of his ideas, and whether you have put any stock into it at all. I do think I can probably increase my carbs somewhat, but I'm not sure to what level. And I think I have noticed that I don't have as much of a problem with fruits, or even sugar for that matter, as I do with grains. But I probably need to do some more experimentation, in a controlled way of course.

One thing I learned from BFFM is that I am not performing HIIT like it should be done. On the high intensity intervals you are supposed to push yourself past 85% of max heartrate. I've been keeping my heartrate under that the entire time. So, after reading what he says, I think I am going to make sure I get at least 3 days of cardio every week. I am also going to work at getting my heartrate up, without feeling like I'm going to pass out . I won't do HIIT, cause I don't think I'm ready for it. But I will slowly be increasing the intensity and the I'm going to increase my time to at least 30 minutes to start out. Tomorrow will be the the first time. Tonight is lifting, and packing for my trip.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.