View Single Post
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 09:35

Plan: Eclectic
Stats: 205/190/145
BF:
Progress: 25%
Cool Yup

Voted for Clinton. didn't turn out exactly as I would have liked it, but thems politics. My biggest problem with the CLINTONS is that they aren't honest about the way they are running their marriage. If we were a society where such things were honesty and openness were acceptable THEY would have been a great president. Theirs was a power marriage...has nothing to do with love and fidelity. Unfortuately Mr. can't keep it in his pants and doesn't comprehend discretion. She knew all along that that's the way he was...and you can BET has relationship(s) outside of the marriage, but is WAY more discreet. So discreet that she can somehow look innocent and wronged when he does something stupid. MY opinion is that if they had said, hey, this is our open marriage, (of course they wouldn't have ever got elected with that declaration) even most liberals aren't THAT liberal) and we support each other...that's honesty and I VALUE honesty. WHEN she runs for a higher office I will not be voting for her.

As for your WOE BB, I personally think you are biting yourself in the ass if you go to low fat stuff. I believe you should be able to eat real food. And as soon as you take away the fat you get added sugars and other fake things. Have you READ the books? Have you TRIED doing LC just as it is written? Look at the GO book. Look at Protein Power (Atkins probably explains it too). If you cut out the flour/grain items and the sugar items and eat enough kcal and adequate protein and BE RADICAL...well, it could work. And maybe your body wants to normalize, build muscle, be healthy instead of match some number on the scale that you have in mind. I think I recall you are pretty tall and weigh certainly within normal weights and BF. What kind of exercise do you do? If low fat diets didn't work for you before, why would it work now?

I know, I'm kinda blunt-not very good at prevaricating. But I feel like having unrealistic expectations of yourself, your body, your diet will only cause you pain and frustration and ill-health. Again, I gotta ask, do you ever look at fitday or any other program to see just what it is nutritionally you are eating?? To be LC you shuld be eating at least your body weightx10 in kcal (or your GOAL WEIGHT x 10) 50% of total calories as fat, around 25% as protein and maybe 10-15% as carbs...especially if you want to change your body.

GT: USB...yeah, something is wrong with your computer. Sucks. I hate it when mine is broke. Gratefully it doesn't happen very often. I know you and BB haven't completely bought in to the LC stuff...and that's ok, but it might be something to consider when you are concerned why to weight doesn't come off like you want.

Well, got to get to going. I'm posting food back in my journal now. Though I like coming here and bisiting!

Jo