Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 19:01
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Angel,

I'd like to make a few points.

Firstly, at 5'8 and 140 pounds you are nowhere near overweight. In fact, you are lovely and slim. So I have to agree with Talon that this is probably the weight where your body feels "comfy" and it will hang onto whatever it can to prevent weight loss.

Secondly, just because you are spilling ketones into your urine does not mean that you are actually burning fat. It can result from simply ingesting dietary fat, dehydration, or alcohol consumption. (Can you tell I think ketostix are a waste of time and money? )

Thirdly, "frankenfoods" such as low carbs bars stall a lot of folk. They contain sugar alcohols, which allegedly are not perceived as carbs by the body. Unfortunately many bodies do in fact perceive them as sugars and hence can stall.

So my suggestion would be to keep low carbing - I think it is by fat the healthiest way to eat.
I would ditch the bars for a while and keep them for occasional use only.
Try to drink more plain water. Perrier does have a little sodium which could be causing a little fluid retention. Try adding a slice of lemon to each glass - that's the only way I can get my SO to drink water!
I think you could well afford to eat more. Have you tried Fitday yet? Remember the 10-12 times your weight in calories guideline is for weight loss - as you really should not lose too much more weight, you can afford to go above that.
You will almost certainly feel much better if you are eating more.
And keep up those vegies! Remember to subtract the fibre from the total count and remember, too, to add lots of butter, oil or mayo to your veg.

All the best to you, matey!

Rosebud