#5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 17:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300+/???/175 Female 68 inch
BF:more/than/enough
Progress: 7%
Thumbs up

I can relate to what you are saying and feeling and believe me it does take a little time and even some false starts to get going and keep at it.

My 3 children have all just left home, as of June, and my youngest daughter 19 is in the Navy stationed in Crete, my oldest daughter 24 will be leaving for Navy bootcamp in October, and my son 21 is living with my oldest and her roommate and threatens from time to time to join the Navy...he could do worse.

Think about it...for all those years you've either looked after or planned for or been involved in their lives and then poof they are gone. It does leave a very large hole in your life and you need to fill it with something...guess what is safe and easiest? you guessed it food.

It is also scary not to have them around to keep you distracted, and give you a purpose in life. My thought is that they just get to the point where you can actually talk with them and have an adult conversation when they go off and get a life of their own.

Just try to plan ahead when it comes to food, take it one day at a time and forgive yourself when you mess up, but start again right away. Little by little.

If you feel like chatting give me an email at Freya900~aol.com.
Like you I have trouble with figuring out how to reply directly to people.

I live in Dearborn, Mi and my name is Debra