View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 15:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 242/204/142 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Boy, do I know where you're coming from! I have the exact same problem. About 2 weeks before TOM comes to visit, I get intense hunger. So, what do I do? I eat more legal foods, adding more fat. Then, about 1 week before TOM, I get the cravings for chocolate and, recently, ice cream. So, I looked around, looked in Dr. A's cookbook and on many LC website, until I found legal chocolate desserts and legal ice cream that I could have.

Then, there's that time when you don't have the time, nor the money, to purchase the legal stuff. Well, I'll tell you, being a Pasty Chef doesn't help here. I have my house pretty well cleaned out of all the sugar/sweets except for the stuff my son has locked up. (He has a locked cabinet for his sweets). So I can't cheat there. But at work, now that's a different story. It is so hard not to lick my fingers or taste what I've made. Luckily, I've told everyone at work that sugar is death for me, so they help keep me straight.

So I look around for the $2 I need and go by an Atkins bar a Wal-mart. That usually helps with the cravings. Or, I take whipping cream, splenda and cocoa and whip it into a nice chocolate mousse. Add a little cream cheese and spread it in a bowl and you've got chocolate cheese cake. Fantastic for when you need something sweet but are in a hurry. In Dr. A's book, there is a recipe for Chocolate Truffles. This is also good to have around near TOM.

The best advise I can give you is to eat more fat during TOM. That will help ward off those cravings. And drink plenty of water, too.

Write back and let me know how it goes.