#17   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-05, 03:51
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Hi again!
Just saw your question regarding seated GM's, and I see Pammie detailed them well. I started with standing GM's, with just the bar only, no weight, and just for 6-8 reps, or until I started to feel too much fatigue and my form was suffering. Eventually, I added either reps or weight, and now standings don't bother me at all, which is why I decided to try seated's. I suspect they hit my lower back slightly different, which would explain the fatigue, so I need to just keep the weight light, and go slow.

GM's are one of those exercises that can really mess you up if you aren't careful, BUT done correctly, they are amazing at strengthening the lower back. My brother, the one who is semi-pro BB, still does GM's with very light weight only....it's one of the exercises that you never need to go heavy on.

The key with proper GM's is keeping your head up, and a flat back. Go slow, and light or no weight. If you have a weak lower back, this would be a good one for you to try. Maybe just 1 or 2 sets 6-8 reps to start, and work up to 2 or 3 sets of 8-10.