#3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 12:21
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 292/263/165
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi babyJJ,
I'm not a "professional", but I'm going to go by my experience with Atkins. First of all, Dr. Atkins strongly stresses excercise, its important too keep your heart rate up for about 1/2 hour a day. It will also help you get into ketosis if your not in it already. Second, eating less calories and carbs than your supposed to is not good. If your body isn't getting the amount of food that it needs, it will go into starvation mode and store everything that you eat. If you are in induction, you should be eating 20 grams of carbs and no less. Third, you don't seem to be that overwieght, just a few pounds to loose right? On your first two weeks of induction they say that you will probably loose 10% of the weight you need to loose. This isn't going by how much weight you want to loose, this is going by what your body feels its ideal weight is.

As far as the girls eating the "sinful foods" that have perfect figures, I'm sure they regreted it when they were done, they probably didn't feel half as good as you do eating the LC way.

Are you drinking anything with caffeine in it? Because caffeine will stall some people. What about Artificial sweeteners? Those can also stall some people. Both caffeine and artifical sweetners can also trigger cravings.

Don't get discouraged, if you are doing Atkins the right way, you should feel alot better than when you were eating carbs, right? That should be what is most important, the pounds will come off sooner or later.

I hope this information help and I hope that you feel better. I wish you the best of luck!!

Cya,
Shelly