View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 08:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/174/110
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default ouch!

Harsh response, but I know what you are referring to when you say these things. I've low carbed off and on for a few years now, and the only serious cravings I have are for chocolates. (I can always tell if I have triggered an insulin response in my body when all I want for dinner is ring-dings!) I haven't had anything chocolate since I started LCing again, because I know that it might be the begining of the end.

My post was less about cravings and more about options, you know? Heck, it's the end of the season, we are having a major hot spell, and I think some version of ice cream would be a nice treat. Plus I am at a stage where I am testing my body's response to different foods to see what triggers insulin reactions. I am surprised at what I can actually handle in small doses without upsetting the apple cart, for instance, I do better with potatoes than with any type of wheat product. Bread and I do not get along, but an occasional few french fries doesn't head me down that slippery slope to diet destruction.

Cassidy