View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 19:45

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default my list

As far as supplements go (not including protein), I take a bunch of 'em. LOL.

Many of them are on your list Luxsit. Here is what I take, when I take it ... and sometimes even WHY I take it:

Multivitamin - I take it with my first meal of the day, so I will remember. I see it as an insurance policy against nutritional deficiency. I use a high-powered multi (maximum strength).

EFA capsules - 2g with each of my first 5 meals. It is a blend of Omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids. EFAs are so important for many things in the body, so I like to include them at every meal.

CLA capsules - 1g with each of my first 5 meals. CLA has been shown to help with fat loss, and lean tissue gains.

Casein based Amino Acids & Dessicated Liver tablets - I take 4 of each of these with my first 5 meals. The combination of the different protein sources helps to boost up the amino acid profile of whatever protein source I am consuming at that meal. Plus, the liver tabs are rich in B12 which helsp with energy.

BCAA/L-glutamine powder - 20g taken 30 mins before lifting, and 20g taken immediately after the last set. BCAAs and L-glutamine help to ensure against muscle loss and can be anabolic.

Antioxidants - High potency formula. 2 tablets immediately after training.

ZMA - 4 capsules taken before bed. ZMA helps with recovery. The zinc and magnesium also help to relax muscles, which helps me to sleep better.

L-glutamine - 10g taken before bed. Helps with recovery.