View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 17:53

Plan: none
Stats: 185/185/155
BF:
Progress:

Well I just came back from grocery shopping (Walmart... it's an overcrowded circus but man the price is right). And after reading a lot of labels, I gotta admit I'm a little discouraged. Everything I like seems to be dripping in carbs. The low-carb diet seems like a drastic change in my life. I don't know yet if I can keep it up for long. And am I right that the low-carb diet is rather unforgiving... in that if you fall off the carb wagon and start eating carb foods again the weight comes back in a hurry? I'm not saying this isn't for me, for the most part I bought low-carb stuff tonight, but maybe I should keep with what I've been doing rather well for a couple weeks... just eating more moderately and excercising more. If I do decide to go carb-lite though I know for a fact I will fall off the wagon maybe a couple times a week. I don't mean to sound cynical, I'm just being realistic. People like to cook for me (go figure) and I drink like a fish so sometimes I can't be so carb-conscious when it's 2 a.m. and I'm lit and I need food. I'm just thinking aloud. I'm about to go for my nightly bike-ride (its almost 8 pm here) and when I come back I'll fix a big ass salad (tons of lettuce and a couple hard-boiled eggs and some (hopefully low-carb, I haven't read the label) low-calorie dressing. Not that you asked. Anyway, as I learn to talk the talk here I hope in time I will be able to walk the walk.

Kristine, I dug reading your journal... maybe I'll start one.