View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 14:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/128/120
BF:
Progress: 77%
Talking Hello!

I did the low fat thing too for four months and lost a total of 5 pounds and then gained it all back when I had to quit running because of an injury. That was soooo discouraging!!! When I first started Atkins, I didn't think there was any way that it could work, but after just one week I felt so much better and my clothes started to fit better- it was just amazing! It is so nice to have some people to talk to that know exactly what you are going through and don't look at you like you are crazy for not diving into a bowl of carbohydrates. My husbands' side of the family thinks I am insane- they keep trying to make me eat potatoes and sugary desserts, etc... So the last gathering we had, I made a low carb cheesecake and they all kept talking about how wonderful it was and how did it feel to be cheating on my diet? I told them at the end of the night that it was low carb and they all looked at me like I was out of my mind. I have cooked meals at home that are low carb and my husband doesn't even know the difference. Anyway, thanks all for the encouragement!!