Thread: Colon cleansing
View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 12:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 258/242/145 Female 5 feet 4 in
BF:way too much
Progress: 14%

I did a colon cleansing about 3 times, then decided it wasn't really doing anything for me.

My daughter (18) suffers from IBS and has to do several tests to determine that is what she is suffering from. She has a "nervous" stomach, with diarrhea and constipation, mostly the d. A year or so ago one of the tests was a lower barrium gi. We made an appointment for immediately after the test to make sure all of the yuk stuff was out so that it wouldn't harden and make her life even more miserable. She felt better after.

IMHO, it may be good once in a while if you have been very constipated. With this WOL/WOE, I have been more regular than the previous 49 years so I don't do a colon cleanse anymore.

I am really enjoying the fats like the bacon, the butter, cream cheese, cheese, salad dressings, the olive oil. It drives my DH nuts when I snitch a piece of butter while cooking, but it sure tastes good. I did WW for years, but could never do the margarine, can't stand the taste, I always stuck with butter. Guess my body already knew what was good for it.