View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 08:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello! I hope you're still around; this forum is fairly quiet.

>>"...most of you vegi/LCers are not wieght lifters too..."

Many are. I do resistance training twice a week, but I'm not interested in getting any stronger/bulkier than I already am. I'm hardly a body builder. I usually end up with 80-120 g protein per day. IIRC, there's a lot of debate over how much extra protein one needs when building muscle.

I find it easy to get enough protein: I eat plenty of eggs, cheese, soy products and protein powder, occasionally.

>>"only eat 20-30g of carbs a day..."

Were you thinking of doing Atkins? Other programs allow more carbs than that. Also, a lot of folks on this board bump up their carb intake on workout days.

Yes, cutting carbs makes it more necessariy to get calories from fat, but I know what you mean about the greasy stuff. Salad dressings, peanut butter, cheese, eggs, and (double!) cream in my coffee pretty much takes care of it for me. Tuna doesn't have a lot of fat unless it's packed in oil. If you don't eat dairy, probably the easiest way to boost your fat intake is to be a little more generous with it on your veggies - salad dressing, dip, or some butter or olive oil on cooked veggies.

HTH.