View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 18:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/178/175
BF:9%
Progress: 87%

I guess I don't understand your point. I don't care how I feel on a diet. I do to some extent but there are a number of circumstances and extenal influences that could affect how I feel. I felt great on macrobiotics, slept 4 hours a day, and had the best workouts I've ever had. Does that mean it's good for my long-term health? What about placebo affects? Ever wonder why every vegetarian and Atkin's person is totally happy and feels great on the diet they're on. I would rather just see data support/desupporting diet ideas and go with that.

No one here has to prove anything to me but I thought that was one of the primary purposes of this board. If it isn't then I will find another resource. I don't see a lot of debate on this board so maybe that is the case. Maybe this is supposed to be more inspirational. But that's what I desire. That's why I post pro-vegetarian or pro-Japanese questions here and pro-Atkins questions on a vegetarian & macrobiotic board. What good is the choir preaching back and forth. To me that's boring and simply an exercise meant to make you feel good about your choice. Has nothing to do with learning and strengthing ones ideas. Wasn't it Fitzgerald who said that genius is holding two opposing ideas in your head at the same time.