View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 17:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/178/175
BF:9%
Progress: 87%

Rosebud - Nice articles on the calcium/protein debate. I need to go back and dig up the stuff I was reading about how this was an issue to compare.

Kindle - That book sounds great and very topical to what I'm interested in researching.

PoolieD - You seem to be trying to make an impassioned plea for me to ask the opposite questions. I am asking all questions. I'm trying to find data that I feel was captured in a valid manner and use that to make some general dietary principles I can believe in. Having a doctorate in science, I require data. I see a lot of people on here couching non-statistical data points (I know vegetarians with cholesterol skyrocketing) as bastions of truth. I'd rather not begin with an attachment to an idea because I know that stance leads to just looking at data points that support your idea and taking things personally (as you seem to do) and discounting that data when the data don't go your way. Statements like the French are healthier than Italians mean nothing. Support your statements. Healthier by what measurement/s? Longevity looks the same to me. If Italians eat more pasta/carbos than French, show me.