#6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 12:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/256.5/165 Female 5'7"
BF:54%/44%/25%
Progress: 41%

Hi again,

Thanks for the congrats! I'm trying to get down to my first goal of 250 by 9/21, my wedding day. I am very pleased with the changes happening in my body. But I have so much wedding stuff yet to do!

To quickly answer one of your questions, Candida Albicans *is* the strain of yeast that causes yeast infections and that is usually found in the digestive tract. It's the same thing. I used the terms interchangeably without even realizing it. Sorry for the confusion!

I am unfamiliar with grapeseed extract.

Don't feel stupid about not knowing about yeast infections until now. Consider yourself very fortunate! I wish I could make such a statement.

In terms of how long it takes for a yeast infection to go from healthy balance to itchy misery, I don't know. It seems to me, recalling the "anti-candida" diets I used to be on, red meat was also avoided, though I can't recall why. Yeasts and molds exposure show up in a lot of unexpected places.

Being that PMS is a result of hormonal changes, I would imagine that those same hormonal changes could stimulate yeast growth, so yes, I guess you could say there is a connection. Some "yeast" experts will claim that the hormonal changes stimulate the yeast which actually causes PMS. I take that sort of "be all, end all" answer with a grain of salt though. I believe it is the increased estrogen that stimulates the yeast, but I am not certain of that. I would imagine that beginning perimenopause (the 10 years prior to actual menopause) could cause enough hormonal havoc to affect yeast growth as well.

I did a quick search and found this Web site which looks like it is a fairly accurate description of yeast related problems, including the recommended diet. You will find it does not conflict with low-carbing at all. I don't have time to further investigate, but you might find an answer there.

http://www.curezone.com/diseases/candida/

Good luck, and you are very welcome!

kaelen