View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 12:25

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Cool Don't be freaked!

You did the right thing! You are not only gonna NEVER be back into that old size, but you're gonna need to buy some SIZE 9s in the near future!!!

Okay, I'll admit, I didn't have the nerve to donate my now-too-large outfits, but only b/c I had paid a lot of money for some gorgeous boutique dresses. When I was a size 5-6X, it was really hard for me to find reasonably priced natural fiber clothing. I didn't wear pants, they were too uncomfortable for me. So I was forced to pay big bucks for the lovely clothes I took pride in wearing.

So, to "rid" myself of the too large clothing, I took them all to a wonderfully talented dressmaker who is altering them to fit me again!

Some of the items I had never even worn! But when I tried them back on a month ago, they were way too big. and

One drop dead gorgeous 2-piece outfit was nearly $200, and I just couldn't stomach donating it. It's worth the $45 that it's going to cost to have it completely reworked into a brand new outfit that I will enjoy for the next few months.

Furthermore, I still can't believe what a HUGE difference losing 34 pounds has made in my size. NEVER in my life have I lost such a small amount of weight that has shown on me so much. Truly a testimony to how much FAT a lo carb WOL can burn off.

Of course, I wouldn't consider altering a $15 pair of jeans.