#11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-21-05, 10:53

Plan: ALKALINE!
Stats: 247/220/155 Female 64 inches
BF:20-22/20/10
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikara2005
Try not to fall off. Once you start cheating you will continue too. Also dont fall into the "dont think of this as a diet!" It IS a DIET! You will have to continue to eat this way forever to maintain but what everyone needs to understand is that when someone is trying something new and trying something to loose weight...it is a DIET...not a way of life. After getting to your goal then it becomes your WOL..until then...some of us need to feel as if we are on a diet in order to stay focused. None of us will go around eating only 25 carbs per day. So until you reach WOE...it is a diet!!! Sorry if I offend...I am only voicing my opinion.

i perosnally am not offended, but i think the reason that so many of us think of it NOT as a diet is that diet = temporary. to maintain the health and PERMANENT weight loss that we all seek, you need to NOT think of it as temporary (aka a diet)

maybe you'd be better with the term "eating plan"? yes, you NEED to follow the rules (like a diet) but NO, it is NOT a temporary way to get to your goal. you must make permanent changes. permanent as in for LIFE, as in LIFEstyle - as in WOL (or WOE)

i think we are on the same page, just prefer different terms