#4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 21:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

A bit more, Sarah!

About the ketostix, I truly think they are a waste of money. You can be spilling ketones simply from eating a very fatty meal, or from drinking alcohol. The other thing is that anybody, low carber or not, who is dehydrated will spill some ketones into their wee. Doesn't necessarily mean you are burning fat.

So, are you drinking lots and lots of water? On this site, the suggestion is 2 litres + 250mL for every extra 25lbs (about 10 kg) you want to lose.

I think it's a pity that Dr A stresses them (the stix) so much. In the months I've been on this board, I've seen many people get all stressed about them. Often they are losing weight, but get worried because the damn stix aren't the right colour!

I also agree with Big Daddy about the calories. Not too many and not too few. On this site, we suggest 10 to 12 times your weight in pounds. I personally won't lose if consistently have more than 12X. And many, many people find their losing stops if they eat too little. The metabolism just slows.

Well, that's a fair bit for you think about, Sarah! I hope we have been of some help.

Rosebud