#25   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 23:03

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaK
And you will be tweaking. This WOL only works longterm when we find out what we can and cannot handle and what we need and cannot have in order to make this plan work for us.
Follow basic core plan. Get a good induction then later you can try some new things but always in moderation and always follow your core. You may find low carb "treats" Frankenfoods persay stall you like most. Some people can moderatly have them and no effects. I don't recommend them. But for example real foods like berries....I can have strawberries and be fine but if I have more then 1/2 cup it sends me into cravings, wierd but true. Moderation. We all will find our levels and we are all different.
I stay as close to plan as possible while still making it fit my life.

I agree. I've kept my plan simple for the most part, but do include some things that others have posted either stall them or spike their insulin levels.

Bread is something that was very hard for me to part with, so I have had a slice of LC toast or a LC tortilla every single day since I started LCing -- gives me the extra fibre I have a hard time getting, and makes this WOE liveable.

I've also had one serving of fruit per day since I started -- 1/2 kiwi, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup cantaloupe, 1/2 avocado, or 1/3 cup blueberries...my latest craving has been 5 cherries. Never stalled me nor given me carb cravings, and it does wonders to satisfy my sweet tooth.

I also don't have a problem with alcohol -- I haven't drank much since I started this WOE, but the few times I have indulged in my rum and diet cokes, I seen a big loss the next day. Only explanation I can think of is that it tends to dehydrate me and causes me to drop water weight.

OTOH, sodium bloats me. I have to use low sodium bacon and keep my salt shaker in the cabinet....I take my potassium supplements faithfully.

I've tweaked my Protein Power plan in that I eat closer to 20/25 carbs per day rather than 30 -- I like my butter and italian dressing too much to give up the calories, but the carbs I do eat are healthy veggies/fruit, I don't spend them on artificial sweeteners or fillers.

I imagine I'll have to tweak more as I am nearing maintenance soon, but so far, its worked very well for me :-)