View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 17:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/154/135 Female 5.2"
BF:sc/ar/ey
Progress: 72%

ummmm I have lost 19 and told someone it was ok to eat pork rinds today so did you mean ME? lol
I have done Atkins before and lost 40 lbs within 5 months. I ate pork rinds because at that juncture I had no need to count calories and I stated in my other post if you HAVE to count calories do not have them.
I CALLED Atkins center and asked this question along with a vitamin question and they told me yes the pork rinds were fine for induction but that I might want to wait on the homemade guacamole at that time.
So if you were talking about me we disagree but my info came from Atkins center so I took it for what it was worth and never had any problems with it. I however DO NOT eat them now because I am trying to keep calories down this time and they are very full of those.
As to THIS posters problem I say it is VITAL to read the plan you are planning on doing and following it. I have never made 1 single recipe out of that book it had no real day to day type foods available to alot of us in rural areas. I do have a lot of great recipes however from forums like this one and after awhile you will be able to come up with your own.
It's worth researching and your health is so important it's worth it.
Good luck.