Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 14:27
Registered Member

Plan: ProteinPower/Body-for-Life
Stats: 215/181.5/130
BF:47%/38%/18%
Progress: 39%
Thumbs up I did it every day of Challenge 1

Hi!

I did the entire "Crossing the Abyss" section and then read over my goals every morning and every night of Challenge 1. I found it very corny, but effective.

I also cut out magazine pictures of the body I wanted and pasted those into my notebook/journal.

I also formulated weekly goals, each Sunday night, to accomplish things that I felt would make my program more effective, eg: sleep 8 hours each night was my goal for Week 6, develop 4 delicious new entrees was my goal for Week 3, etc.

I'm currently on C2/W1/D7 and I'm still doing the weekly goal setting. Next week's goal is to drink 20 ounces of water every waking hour. But instead of reading my goals every morning during Challenge 2, I am reading this super-humorous post:

Why we do it...

I know you'll think I'm TOTALLY NUTS for using this as my inspiration! But I find it really funny, and it really motivates me to work my hardest at the gym and to stick like glue to my plan. It's been kinda difficult to stay on track when my friends call my efforts "Trilbe's crazy diet cult" and they try to talk me into having "just a little" dessert or they tell me "pasta is healthy."

It may seem dorky, but having some motivational reinforcement twice-a-day really helps to keep me from slipping. I didn't mess-up a meal nor miss a workout all through Challenge 1. And Challenge 2 is currently proceeding MARVEOUSLY!

Good luck! I think everybody has to find the formula that works for them, as an individual. I hope you find yours.

Trilbe