Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 09:38
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: ???/???/???
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up true...

I agree

When I went on this wol 2 years ago and had great success, the place I worked, I was surrounded mostly other women and a large amount of them, and large in size as well. I can't count how many times I was told I was eating wrong as someone was shoveling down a lunch of high carb lunch. I am talking about the ones that weren't even on a low-fat diet! They were CERTAIN that eating a lunch of leftover pasta with turkey meat tomato sauce and bread was even better for you than my lunch of chef salad and regular dressing, with a nice steak. Never once did they wonder if the world could possibly be anything but flat, but always insist that *I* give the reasons for why its round.
I was constantly watched. It was like I was a freak show. They honestly could NOT believe that once I passed induction I wasn't even craving or struggling. They'd have sweets n such and say, sorry don't mean to eat this in front of you.
The one thing that always made me ill was the health and heart topics. I finally got tired of explaining how a low carb eating plan wasn't going to kill you and decided I'd let them think what they wanted.