View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 07:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I agree about the black slacks. I have two good pairs and I wear them with just about anything. I love to wear comfortable cotton knit shells in plain colors (I like White Stag from Walmart) and I wear scarves to change the look. Drape the scarves and secure with a pretty pin or use a long scarf and knot it with a square knot low--the length makes you look much slimmer than one so close to the neck. I buy scarves at AC Moore for $2 each and I have lots of them. I love them.

Another thing to consider is a loose fitting jacket or two. I like the unconstructed, more boxy type. They skim the hips and are also flattering. Keep the colors plain and again you can take that beautiful long scarf and hang it under the lapels. Put your pretty pin on a lapel and you look very chic.

You can easily have a wardrobe with only 2 pairs of black slacks, 3-4 plain colored cotton shells, 1-2 nice jackets and lots of scarves.

If you can't find scarves, buy silky fabric (1/8 yd) and hem it into a beautiful inexpensive scarf yourself.

Carol