View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 23:59

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default Your "but" is interesting

But BlueToo, what truly intrigues me is did you go on a forum for high carb, low fat low protien and ask these same questions of them?
We are so indoctrinated with the idea that fat and protien are "bad" .. and that carbs are good, was that a thought that came into your mind?
For myself, having once been a nurse, I was appalled to realize that for the last several years we have been pushing a diet that breaks down into very little BUT SUGARS to diabetics! That was enough to make me go 'huh'??
I had a friend at work. diagnosed by accident for his diabetes. I knew something wasn't right when he would constantly bring a lunch of peanut butter sandwiches on white bread and tell us that this was within the guidelines. and checking it out.. he was technically right. Oh I know a nutritionist would have said.. whole wheat bread , yadda yadda..BUT IS THAT REALLY all that good for a diabetic?? Or that he could eat pasta for lunch because hey.. that is what we have been told is healthy
When I got into studying this. and I have been really working at it.. I wanted to ask.BUT what about the high triglycerides your high carb plans create?? what about the inbalance in that level to your LDL's??? FOLKS.. what about all those vegetarians out there..and I KNOW SEVERAL with cholesteral SKYROCKETING!
I am sorry.did you feel to ask these questions?
To go say" wow..and i know all these healhy low carbers".. What about the healthy (before white man's dietary inovations got to them!) eskimoes??? What about those greenlanders.
HELLO! what about the FRENCH?? Who by the way with their rich cheese, cream and wine diet are healthier than the pasta eating italians.
I just wonder if the RIGHT questions and to the right group gets asked?
I don't mean to come on like this. I am glad you lost weight. but it does seem that whatever your doing... it keeps being just a "diet"..and not a way of life in any event.
I did the high carb thing.. with lots of exercise I lost a lot of weight. I couldn't keep that up.. and it all came back..and now the few times I tried low carb, NOTHING happened but my belly seemed to get larger... scary.
Its just a thought WHy does atkins and other low carbers have to convince you. . and not the high carb folks?
My answer is not elegant..its too late I fear.. and I wish to make no one angry here.. I just.. felt this was a rather strange.. :-)
Well. back to my corner now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wf738.jpg (10.0 KB, 30 views)