View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 17:37

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Hi, Brian.

I've not officially started CKD, but am considering beginning that to go with my BFL workouts starting either tomorrow or Monday. However, I have done my first "official" free day per BFL today, and I did indulge in ice-cream, and it wasn't but about 20-30min before I started the coughing, clearing my throat, and (sorry, it's gross) mucus in my throat, etc. I've not had that going on since I used to eat ice-cream on regular basis! So I think you may be onto something.

Maybe you can find out WHAT is causing the problems? I'm no expert, but I've found that certain foods cause reactions and some don't (carb-wise). Maybe you can omit suspect items each week and see if you have a carb-up day free of allergy symtpoms? Like omitting stuff like wheat, or maybe dairy, also foods with molds, etc. I know candida sufferers (I tend to get candida flair-ups if I'm not careful) have all kinds of allergy problems when their candida flairs up. And those of us with allergies to molds tend to have candida problems. Not that you have any candida problems, I was just thinking that maybe the foods that set it off.... fermented items, "moldy" items like cheese and dairy, and even sugar---a MAJOR allergy catalyst----can do it.

Sounds miserable, Brian. I sure hope you feel better.

.....MAN, have I got a MAJOR headache and indigestion today!!!! Carb up days are hard on me, too.