Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 16:00
Registered Member

Plan: ProteinPower/Body-for-Life
Stats: 215/181.5/130
BF:47%/38%/18%
Progress: 39%
Smile

Hi!

I'm currently on Challenge 2 - Week 2 - Day 6 (C2/W2/D6). I love BFL! I've never, in my life, lost weight before. But, since I started this program, I've gotten stronger and leaner each day. BFL rocks! I lost 18.5lbs and 6% bodyfat during the twelve weeks of Challenge 1--plus many MANY inches, including 4 inches from EACH THIGH! It's so simple, I can't believe it's actually working...

My approach was to use the BFL six-meal-a-day plan to keep my metabolism elevated. And to control my carb-intake in order to keep my insulin and blood sugar regulated. And I did the BFL workout plan. Both the weight training and the 20MAS in the AM on an empty stomach. Thus, I combined BFL principles with low-carb principles.

During Challenge 1 I used the Myoplex Low-Carb Ready to Drink shakes, Myoplex Low-Carb bars, and Nitro-Tech Low-Carb bars. Sometimes I had a shake or bar with a piece of fruit. Sometimes I just had the shake or bar. I listened to my body, and proceeded accordingly. During Challenge 2, I've added Isopure Zero-Carb Ready to Drink and EAS' Precision Protein Zero-Carb Ready to Drink.

Due to my busy lifestyle and intense workday I absolutely HAVE TO use the convenience products. I work in an office BUT sometimes you get trapped by a meeting or a conference call and you LITERALLY cannot get away to get your real food out of the fridge. OFTEN, I attend baseball games, restaurants, picnics, boattrips, nightclubs, etc. with friends during the evening. So, I always keep a bar and a ready-to-drink beverage with me AT ALL TIMES, day and night.

Personally, I haven't experienced any setbacks due to using convenience foods. I have 2 - 3 real meals per day and 3 - 4 convience meals, depending on my schedule. HOWEVER I haven't yet missed ANY meals--I have 6 meals each day according to the plan. I eat every 3 hours, like precision Swiss timing.

I know, from experience, that if you have a lifestyle that REQUIRES you to use the bars and shakes they CAN be used effectively. BUT the point of using these foods is that they enable you to eat 6 times per day. If you're using them and still only eating twice per day, then that defeats the purpose.

So, I just wanted to say two things about your current setback:

1.)
If you aren't actually eating often enough to take advantage of the metabolism-boosting effect of frequent feedings, then you're missing out on that. And if you aren't doing the HIIT cardio or 20MAS, then you're missing out on those advantages. So, you're missing out on 2 of the 3 benefits of BFL, neither of which is related to whether or not you use Atkins-style eating. So, changing your diet won't change this situation.

2.)
It's only been 2 weeks. BFL is a 12 week program. I ended up losing 2 inches on my waist by week 12, but I lost NOTHING ZERO ZILCH at my waist until week 8. My thighs, which had the most dramatic decrease, got LARGER during the first 3 weeks. I, personally, needed to chart my progress carefully--every 2 weeks--using tape measure and bodyfat calipers. If you don't do this you might miss out on what you're REALLY losing. Personally, if I hadn't seen the results on the tape measure I would not have known how well I was doing! There were weeks when I was SURE I'd lost an enormous amount because my skirt "felt bigger" but when I measured, I really hadn't made much of a change. And there were weeks when I pretty-much felt the same until I measured myself and found out I'd lost some serious inches.

Maybe BFL won't work for you. Maybe Atkins won't work for you. But you won't know until you give them a fighting-chance by following their principles and then measuring your progress objectively.

Good luck! I hope it all works out for you...

Trilbe