View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 15:14

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%

My 2 Cents:

When I started doing BFL I upped my carbs from induction levels to anywhere from 30 - 100g a day, depending on what I ate. I DID follow Bill's advice to eat PROTEIN at EVERY meal (in the from of meat, fish, cheese- hard cream, cottage, eggs, nuts) and I also included some kind of carb (peppers, celery raw carrots, cukes, apples, berries, etc). It really wasn't hard.

Now switching from 3 meals to 6 a day was hard. I tried a protein shake for the mid morning and mid afternoon "meals" but quickly found I enjoyed eating food more.

It really does take A LOT of planning and preparation ahead of time to be able to fit it all in and there are some days when it doesn't work.

However, only getting in one meal a day is going to work to your detriment and you will not end up getting rid of those excess 23 lbs you want to lose if you don't do something about it.

Granted I don't work outside of the home which gives me a definite advantage (both with prep and actual mealtimes). However, I am often out and about for those mid-AM or PM snack times. I carry boiled eggs, pork rinds or even containers of meat. They will keep just fine w/o refrigeration providing you are eating w/in a few hours.

You might have to sit down and plan out a few days food at a time, cook everything and package it up the night before. Then get yourself a small cooler to carry back and forth to your dance studio.

Thinking and planning ahead are the keys to my doing the program successfully.

Hope that helps!
Bobbie