View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 11:33

Plan: Syndrome X
Stats: 254/218/200 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Allergies & Asthma during Carb-Up?

Prior to starting low carb earlier this year, I had pretty bad allergies (pollen, dust and pet) and moderate asthma. While on low carb, most of these problems went away. I even told my doc recently that I thought LC might be responsible for supressing symptoms of allergy and asthma. He was doubtful, though.

Given a recent stall and increasingly intense excercise, I decided to switch to a CKD program. On the first carb-up, all my symptoms reappeared. Other than that the whole process went well and the transition back to LC was smooth...I was back down to previous weight early the followingweek. I thought maybe the reappearance of allergy and asthma symptoms was just a fluke...but the allergy attacks were enough for me to wait an extra week before doing another cycle. Fortunately they went away when I went back t LC.

Well, after 2 weeks I started another cycle this week and within 12 hours of starting the carb-up, the allergies and asthma reappeared. I have no doubt now that for me, carbs are linked to allergies and asthma.

Anyone else had this experience?

Brian
Sponsored Links