#4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 10:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default My suggestion?

Eat real food. Take something with you and make sure you eat real food. I doubt if the fat is what is making you bloated (the Atkins part) it is more likely the shakes and bars.

I'm sure the extra excercise is making you hang onto some water too. My scale is up today which I think is a result of that, but I think my body fat percentage is down. I FEEL thinner, my calipers are measuring me about 2% less than they were at the beginning of the week, and I just think I may have a little more water in here than normal.

The other thing, and I know this is going to be really hard for you, but I'm going to say it anyway. You should do the aerobics in such a way that it does elevate your heart rate. You may have to add in something, I know it is going to be difficult with your schedule, and you DON'T have to do it on an empty stomach, although that is supposed to be the most effective.

Maybe get up a half hour early in the morning and do it as soon as you get up. You don't have to go to the gym to do aerobics, anything where you keep moving will do it. I did a combination yesterday of running up and down my stairs, carrying weights up and down stairs, using my healthrider and doing obilque crunches at a quick pace.

Aerobics bore me silly, and I haven't done a lot of them throughout my life, but I think, that they are what caused that change in the calipers. The weight training no doubt helped, but I have been doing weight training all along, just not at this particular regularity or "pyramid" type arrangement.

Carbs (a lot of extra) always make me retain water. And that may be all that you are experiencing.