View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 02:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177.8/170.8/122.1
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Ketosis & SLim Forever

Hey guys... maybe someone that knows a bit more about atkins than me can tell me if this is true or not

It is an AUstralian plan called Slim Forever..the doctor that has created it had this to say about ketosis:

The liver produces ketone bodies during the process of oxidising fat for use in the 19 major functions fat performs in the human body. These ketone bodies are converted into Acetyl Co-A that is used by the brain. If fat loss is excessive, especially in the absence of sufficient carbohydrate, the additional ketone bodies cause the blood to become acidic and this poses a great danger and can cause death. Excessive ketone production is avoided with the Slim Forever program.

He goes on to say that ketosis is very dangerous...How can some people say it is, and some say its not?
Slim forever is also a low carb diet, but it incorporates some carbs.

Another question......
Im on induction, and find it hard to resist the occasional no carb chocolate or caramel chew...I Know Im not supposed to eat these on induction, but if I saty under 20 carbs..does it matter?
I know its supposed to increase my cravings...that i can handle..but what about slowing weight loss?

thanks!
carly
Sponsored Links