View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 14:57

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Honeybeware...

That's a point that I was thinking about, but you beat me to it. Asian cultures in general are certainly a lot less sedentary than Americans in general. "Free time" is a concept that they are not too familiar with as is the idea of just sitting around doing nothing. It's long been known that physical activity is helpful in warding off cardiovascular disease.

Blue...

4 years greater life expectancy is not a great deal when you think of in in percentage terms. Say the average person lives to 80 years old. An additional 4 years is about a 1% greater life expectancy. Those extra 4 years could be due to many things besides diet, such as genetics and general level of activity as well as environment. It could even be due to the omega 3 oils that they get in their diets from the fish that they eat. It becomes an even more startling statistic when you consider that they are comparing a culture that is high carb/low fat/low processed sugar and gererally quite active physically to one that is the complete opposite. A 1% difference? Wow...that's not much.
Longevity may be important to some, but for me, how I feel while I'm living, the quality of my life however long that may be, is more important to me and I have to say that I feel far better eating this way than I did while eating high carb. After all, what good is living a long life if you feel miserable and hungry the whole time?