Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 15:32

Plan: CKD
Stats: 190/190/180
BF:6
Progress: 0%
Default Re: Glucose Disposal Agents, health food store list

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaver
ALA-same as chromium and a powerful anti-oxident, not sure how frequently or when to take it

I used to take 300-500 mg before carb meals, totaling about 1-1.5 grams per day. It used to get really expensive really fast. Back then I used to carb with junk and not watch the fat and salt, and since then figured that a lot of the ALA expenditures could have been offloaded by carbing better. Haven't used it in a while b ut may start again soon.

BTW, if you;re going to use this much, make sure to drink lots of water and take potassium - ALA will pump glycogen and water into cells like crazy. If you don't drink enough, you'll feel dehydrated because it'll pull water out of the bloodstream into muscles. Don't take before bedtime because you can't drink while sleeping!

You may also wanna try HCA - hydroxycitric acid, aka citrimax. Only the (-) isomer counts and I used to take 2-3 grams before carb meals. This one blocks conversion of carbs to fat and I used to swear by it before finding much room for improvement in the actual carbing protocol. Again, may start using it soon anyway just to see what happens if I stack everything together.