View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 09:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Chad, you sound like such an organizer...you're going to be fine on this WOE. I am the same way, and I know the hassle of keeping steady at work or school. Here are some thing that work for me:

I buy my water in the gallon bottles at Wal Mart for 58 cents - about $3 at a time and one large 32 oz. "sippy" top bottle. I lug that gallon to work and pop it on the floor behind my desk. I can usually drink half my sippy bottle with just my morning vitamins, but before noon, I've filled it up a couple more times. By 5:00, the gallon is usually empty. I refill it at home or work for the next day, or just bring a new one. This keeps me full and away from too many snacks at work...

Also, the tupperware is a good idea...I have hard boiled eggs, sliced salami and cheese, celery stix, cucumber slices, sometimes a few olives...all ready to go in the fridge. I like to grab something and eat it. I'm with you on that, and also on the GRILL!! What a difference THAT makes! I can't do porkrinds NO HOW!! But instead I do like a sugar-free jello dessert that I mix with cream cheese and diet 7-up in the blender...once it molds, it has a bubbly, creamy texture, not like regular wiggly jello.

You're already at the veggie stage even in induction, so while you're buying the tupperware, get a large bowl with a tight lid and chop the whole dang head of lettuce...add in some other permitted veggies if you like...and keep it ready for a good handful a day. If you have a fridge at work, bring your salad dressing and leave it there...just drag the salad to work.

In the morning, I have my small frying pan on the stove, I throw in a hunk of butter, crack two eggs, add a few veggies from the night before, turn the eggs over and throw on a slice of cheese. Believe it or not, I eat this in the car on my way!! But McDonald's 2-for $2 on the sausage mcmuffins are a better traveling companion!

I also grab a handful of my pre-made salad mix, crush up some bacon bits, grab the tupperware of salami and cheese and head out the door. It ALL takes 10 minutes tops. Yesterday for lunch I had 2 Burger King "kings" for $2. and just threw out the buns. My snacks were peanuts (not a good idea...easy to eat too many) and rolled salami with cheese. I sometimes dip celery stix into egg salad or tuna at my desk when I'm hungrier than usual.

Here's my take on the pasta and potatoes...I'm full Italian, and my grandmother still makes the gravy on Sundays (that's RED tomato sauce for anyone not from Philly! ) and she usually makes baked ziti or ravioli -- or something equally as tempting! When I go, I eat two pieces of sausage, 2 or 3 meatballs, she puts a piece of pork in the gravy pot for me...and I have a huge salad with olive oil and vinegar, basil, oregano, parmesian cheese...sometimes I'll take a little extra gravy over the meat...in essence, I can now live without the pasta believe it or not. It must be the miracle of the induction process that you actually lose your craving, or get motivated enough to just pass it by. Whatever it is...it works for me.

And I constantly remind myself: LC'ing is FUN!!! When you can eat real butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon bits, broccoli...WHO NEEDS THE POTATO??? (Stack it on your cauliflour )