View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 08:19

Plan: Eclectic
Stats: 205/190/145
BF:
Progress: 25%
Smile Jo is good!

Another woman and I are going to do a GO book club like discussion if you would care to join! The GO-diet forum has become fairly activ lately and your presense would be appreciated.

I did LC for over a year and lost 60 lbs a few years ago. I forgot to KEEP doing it as a lifestyle change though and gained EVERY POUND back. Tried Weight Watchers here recently and after a 15 lb loss just didn't lose anything...well, that's not true...I lost the same 3-5 lbs over and over again for MONTHS. I started LC again just last week, but it's been much like riding a bike. I studied LOTS before and have retained a lot so it's been fairly easy getting back to it. And I know the support like this place and buddies like you and me help the process.

So, even if it's hard right now, stick with us and keep at it and it will come and it will come off.

Oh yeah, I initially started with Atkin's, it's been the most recognizd name for a long time (30 years!). Omigod, I felt horrible and just couldn't do it. Never found a purple ketone strip (though recently I have read a statement here that probably explains why) and it was awful. I went to PP after a couple weeks of failing at Atkins and thinking I might die, and then on to GO later. And that went GREAT! My opinion is that Atkin's is not especially healthy not enough vegies, fruit etc....of course, that could be just the way some people use it. The old human thought process of if a little is good, even less will work better faster etc. Health? who cares about good heallth...we just want to be THIN!!! That doesn't work for me at all.

You will find that I tend to be pretty verbose and opinionated...some people find it endearing! I keep a journal so feel free to have a look. And I suggest starting one of your own and just keeping track of what you eat for awhile. I think it helps.

Talk to ya later. Jo