View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 04:04
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo and Keto
Stats: 224/215/147 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Thank you to you both for your reposnse. The link was very useful about lupus, it was far better than anything I found for myself.

To answer your questions:

I am consistant in taking my meds, although I am not taking any supplements. What do you suggest would be useful initially?

I have been on thyroid treatment for almost 1 year. My results from my test are as follows including lab ranges.

July 2004
T4 12.6 (Lab range 9-19)
TSH 9.25 (Lab range 0.35-4.94)

October 2004
T4 13.8 (Lab range 9-19)
TSH 5.7 (Lab range 0.35-4.94)

March 2005
T4 13.2 (Lab range 9-19)
TSH 4.68 (Lab range 0.35-4.94)
T3 5 (Lab 3.25 - 6.21)

I think I must be still adjusting to the meds as everytime I increase I feel better and then seem to drop back down to feeling lethargic and unmotivated etc. Or is this the thyroid resistance you mention?

I started on 25mcg of levothyroxine and then increased gradually to 125mcg. On my last blood test I was taking 100mcg and when the results came back within normal ranges I was informed my the doctors staff that no change was nescessary.

However, I put in a prescription for 125mcg and they issued the higher dose without question. I felt I needed more as I was just within normal range and I also feel these things should work on how you feel not on what a test result says!

Also, I must add that my doctor did originally say that my TSH should be about 1.00. But now I am within normal ranges they don't seem to worry about it, although I still don't feel on form most of the time.

I don't know if I get thyroid resistance. What are the implications and what can I do?

Thank you so much for your support and your time xxx