#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 06:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins variation
Stats: 225/222/190 Male 6 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Hoping for suggestions or coments

**Please, anyone who reads this, I would love suggestions on anything to get me going, anything I may be doing wrong from the above goals, and anything and everything you may have for encouragement. I am starting my new way of life in a week.**

Objetive: To maintain a low carb diet and live healthy

Obstacles: The fast paced world of someone working. I believe my main obstacle is going to be when I'm at work. I work an 8 hour day, but I work this 8 hour day at different times, all the time. And, I do not get to go on break, so I cannot go out to eat. Maybe that's a blessing in disguise. I do not have WATER readily available at work, and so, not only shall I have to bring my eats to work, I'll also always have to bring drink. That is a big inconvenience, but I will have to live with it.
Also, changing the fridge and cabinet intake. My fridge is full of carbs right now. I've now read Atkin's diet twice, and just finished Protien power. I look in my freezer and I almost get sick. Way to many carbs, and I need to get rid of them. I look in the cabinet, way to many carbs, I need to get rid of them. I will never put another carb in those places.

The How to's: My main goal here is to make this WOL convenient to my lifestyle. How I plan on starting this is:
1) Tuperware! I'm going to make sure as soon as I buy bacon, I cook it and put it in tuperware, same with some other meats, chicken, sliced steak. Coldcuts need to be ready at all times. Vegitables (when I get to that stage) need to be pre-chopped and stored.
2) Big ass water bottles. My plan is to keep 4 of them in the freezer at all times, filled with Ice. If I need water, they're there, convenient. If I'm out the door, I fill with water on the way out and wala, I have water on the road.
3) Snacks. I believe the main reason people like snacks I cause you don't have to do a damn thing to eat them. The typical american just grabs a bag and eats what is in it. No preperation. This is how I want my snacks. So, I either need to do mass preperation at one time for snacks, or eat a helluva lot of cheese and pork rinds. We'll see.
4) Get that Propane filled! My grill is out of propane, and to me I have to have it filled before I start. I need to be able to have my chicken and steaks grilled to perfection in a matter of minutes, while chillin on my back porch watchin the birds fly by. Gotta get that propane!
5) Salads are another preperation nightmare for me. I've tried to eat salads regularly in the past, and just couldn't do it cause I don't like chopin lettuce every night. So again, need mass preperation, or spend that extra buck and get it already chopped. (don't wanna spend the extra buck!)

The things I need to put behind me NOW:
R.I.P
Pasta , thank you for the good times. Although you blinded me with your carbohydrate ways, I always will love you. I am a wanabee Italian, and you made me that way. I'm afraid we must part forever now, but perhaps I will find you again in the afterlife, when it doesn't matter that you raise my cholesterol and clog my arteries.
Bread , we've had a lot of good times together. Although some low carb diets say I can have you in low moderation, I don't buy it. I know you do some seriously screwy things to my sugar levels, I've felt it, you've felt it, and so you must understand why I'm leaving you. Goodbye.
Potatoes , perhaps my biggest love of all. You are my half-Irish root (literally). You will always remind me of Mom's home cooking, but alas, while you've given me such great memories, our time has come to say goodbye.

I've never been a sweet eater, and thank God for that. My mission this week is to get rid of some things, and stock the house and get ready for my introduction to a new life. Here comes the beef!

Time for the fun, cause if it isn't fun, then what's the point?

-Chad
Sponsored Links