View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 05:06

Plan: CAD (Basically)
Stats: 175/154.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:lot/less/little
Progress: 59%
Talking Me again

Well, I didn't switch directly over from Atkins to CAD. I had a significant break (a whole pregnancy, lots of weight gain.)

I tried Atkins previously and couldn't handle the restriction. Felt like I was in jail (so to speak) when it came to eating. Too many "can't eats" on Atkin's for my personality.

But, I believed carbs were definitely my problem, so how to handle the carb problem but not do Atkins? The answer for me was CAD.

I have found this WOE to be extremely easy. I feel like I get plenty to eat and I don't feel deprived or sorry for myself.

Think on something....

From what you've written, you're concerned about losing quickly -- seeing results. (Aren't we all!!!) BUT, a thought process I've adopted is... HOW LONG WAS I JUST PLAIN FAT AND DIDN'T DO ANYTHING? Why is it now such an emergency that I lose FAST?

This is NOT a fast weight loss program. This is a slow, steady, stall, slow again, steady again, stall... weight loss program. If I know I've been following the program to the best of my ability, I can stick with it.

Also, do measurements or get a pair of tight pants or one's that just don't even go on. Try them on every week to see how the fit has changed. When you are eating hi protein, you will, will, will built muscle and move the fat out without necessarily seeing a big change on the scale.

You'll see that over and over again on this site, in all the Hi Protein, Lo Carb books and I've seen it personally. You want to lose FAT, not just weight.

I find I have no problem staying on this WOE when I don't see a change in the scale every morning (sometimes it even goes up!), when I don't feel deprived and angry about all the stuff I CAN'T eat.

Do what works for your psychi and your body. Both have to be involved to win this war.

Jeannie