View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 04:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.5/182.0/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I've been ordering Keto shakes on-line from netrition.com (see banner ad on top of the page). I think most of the low-carb on-line stores have them. They come in a wide range of flavors, I have tried cappucino, chocolate fudge, peaches and creme, strawberry, orange creamcicle, and eggnog. I liked them all.

If you go up to the sticky reviews thread on this forum, you'll be able to check out user reviews on various products. The Keto is by far the most highly rated shake, I think. Certainly better rated than Atkins. It tastes only OK when made according to package directions which are 2 scoops mix and 8 oz water. I find they are much improved by halving the ratio of mix to water, adding cream, and adding SF syrup or other low-carb flavoring, like I mentioned above. Of course when you do that you are getting only half the shake mix and therefore half the protein. I get plenty of protein anyway so I don't worry about it. This is my standard breakfast.

I have seen advice to make them with 6 crushed ice cubes and 8 oz water, as well. My blender's ice crusher doesn't work too well and the crushed ice is only going to melt anyway in the fridge so I just use the water. If you were going to drink the shake right away, I think the ice would make a big difference.