View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 14:04

Plan: MyLCWOL
Stats: 485/366/210 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi,
I appreciate the application post but I need some help to convert it over to my situation. Since I am around 450lbs. some of the exercises you and Trainerdan recommend are just not possible for me to do. Example, dips, hanging anything etc.

1) Exercise - First, since I have certain limitation due to current weight, what would I substitute in place of the one's I can't do? What changes would you make for someone just starting resistance training? Dan, suggested using Maximum Recovery Workout plan, but it also contained exercises I can't do right now? Would you recommend I get a personal trainer to help demonstrate proper technique and to adapt to my needs?

2) Food
Since I have a lot of weight to lose, is a 1 1/4 day carb load ok(Friday Night-Saturday)? I also don't have access to gym on the weekend so I need to do weights Monday-Friday. Does fruit juice count as a high GI liquid? About food before after workouts, do you recommend a protein drink before or after? I've been drinking some Propel Energy drink after cardio workouts.

3) Supplements
You mentioned a number of supplements but not when to take, how much to take, how to mix, i.e., water, etc. Right now I am taking Dieters Multi, EAS Structured EFA, and an ECA stack. According to the contents of the Dieters Multi, it looks like I am about 300mg short of Potassium, and need to add ALA. How much ALA, when? Creatine, how much, when, how to take? Glutamine same questions? Green tea - what kind Chinese, Japanese, does brand matter? I've also noticed a little bit of cramping after cardio, would more potassium help?

Regards,
Lux