View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 08:47
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%
I am somewhat confused about the various medications that you are mentioning. I have only ever been given Levothyroxine Sodium tablets. The only notation on the box is Thyroxine. Currently I am taking 175mcg per day made up of 1 x 100 mcgm 1 x 50 mcg and 1 x 25 mcg. My current supply are all made by different manufacturers but are all Levothyroxine Sodium.
My weight fluctuates. I have just started LCing so it will be interesting to see how things work out. I have had 4 operations on my thyroid to remove abnormal growths (not cancerous) and as a result have very little left. The consultant has told me that if I make any more abnormal growths that they would just take out what is left of the thyroid. Until a couple of years ago, I was only taking 50 mcg per day and never felt that it was enough. Every time my blood was checked they told me that I came within "acceptable levels" and that my dosage did not need to be altered. Finally, it seems that there has been some research carried out that shows that some people need more thyroxine than others to function correctly Maybe they should listen to the patients more