View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 08:29
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Well, the first stall was broken by a decrease in exercise.... I went from couch potato to rather intense workouts 6x/wk. This put my body under a lot of stress. And then I hurt my back and stopped all exercise .... I lost 6 lbs. in 2-3 weeks. I can't really explain it other than to say that my body was holding onto water, glycogen, whatever... for muscle recovery and additional stress. I have no idea really. Other than than, there was no change in my diet.

The second stall was "broken" by paying closer attention to my carb intake.... going back to fitday and watching carbs and calories. I also have been attempting to decaffeinate....getting down to about 100-200 mg. a day (equiv. to 2 c coffee). Try to keep carbs below 30 and calories at 10x....1500-1600/day. Sometimes I go higher, but never lower. I don't ever eat frankenfoods (LC bars, breads, muffins, etc). I do have artificial sweeteners, but no more than 3 packets/day. I have no more than about 3 diet colas per week. I drink about 60-80 oz water/day.

Yes, I do believe that stress can cause stalls. I've seen it happen a lot with members on this board ... Donald (DWRolfe) comes to mind.... stalled during a stressful house closing/move/layoffs at work, etc....and as soon as he got moved in he dropped like 7-9 lbs. right off the bat.