View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 21:28

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%
Default My shoulders are weak too!

My shoulders are practically non-existant! So I understand. Shoot, I used only 6lbs to start with! I think with most gyms the weights go up by 5lb increments, and women usually can't make that big of a jump on upper body exercises. Would be nice if the gym owners would also order dumbells that go up by 2.5lbs instead of the usual 5.

I also find that on some things I have a hard time hitting a 10 with good form. In other words, I have to keep it pretty easy (military presses, for example) to actually hit the 10... but I'm finding that even though the weight feels DOGGONE heavy (heavy enough to hurt my wrists---CTS sufferer), I don't sweat!! At least not much. Though i do get a good sweat on leg day but my lower body is much stronger than my upper body.

The wide grip pull-downs you mentioned...the machine I use goes up by 10lbs as well, so it gets tough pretty quick. And EVEN worse is the calf raise machine! That one goes up in 75lb increments!! It's rediculous! I'm starting to feel that, while the ladies locker area is nice, they REALLY don't cater much to women judging by the machines! They do have a women's gym...and I could use that, but it's a LOT farther away from me, and time right now is precious.

Thanks for sharing with me. I know you're right, too.. it's going to take a couple of weeks or so to actually get it down-pat to where I can go in there and get with the program full-force (no guesswork).

Thank you.