Old Sun, Sep-01-02, 19:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Yes, I had it happen.
No, I can't really explain it.
Yes, you will eventually lose again.

Well, I sort of can explain it. The body we each live in is the most marvellous machine. It is programmed to protect itself and keep itself running. In famine, it saves all its assets. In times of plenty, it stores the surplus for possible future famine.

Everyone has fat cells. Many of us have overstuffed our fat cells by eating foods that elicit high insulin surges. When we start eating protein, fat and few carbs, we no longer store excess carbs as fat and start burning stored fat for energy. Hence, you show ketosis on the sticks.

But those fat cells get terribly upset as the fat stored is used up, and they grab lots of water in an effort to try to "plump" themselves up to their old size. If you keep on LC, they will eventually let go of that water and you will experience the "whoosh" - a sudden inexplicable loss of 3-5 pounds or even more in just a few days.

Please use a tape measure and measure every body part you can reach: waist, hips, abdomen, bust or chest, thighs, calves, neck, wrist - everything. You may find that you are losing inches but not pounds. Fat is FLUFFY. Water is SMOOTH. And if you are gaining lean muscle from the protein intake and possible exercise, then you WILL be smaller but maybe not lighter for the time being. Stay with LC and the scales WILL move.

Hope this helps.