Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 335/350/210 Male 75in
BF:
Progress: -12%

Quote:
Originally posted by Marlaine
Donald is one of our big losers

I'm sorry, but that struck me as very funny.

I've aspired to many things in life.

As a young man, I aspired to greatness. While I achieved a modicum of success professionally.... well, let's just say that you must be careful what you wish for: I achieved greatness of presence.

As a teen, I aspired to be a doctor, to join in the camaraderie of the profession. Again, one must be careful what you wish for, for now I get to "hang out" with lots of doctors.

As an adult, I aspired to get a house. I got as big as a house. BCWYWF...

And now, I aspire to be a big loser. Either way, I win! So how can I be a big loser if I'm the big winner?

LOL sorry... It must be the protein.

Back to seriousness tho...
I get to see my endocrinologist/primary care physician (the same, believe it or not) in a week or two. She doesn't know yet that I've started LCing. The drugs she has me on......I can't wait to get off of them (of course I would never just stop without at least consulting with her.)

I'm on:
  • Prozac (to control appetite)
    Worked somewhat
  • Lopid (to lower Triglycerides)
    Worked from 500+ to 200ish
  • Lipitor (to lower overall cholesterol)
    Didn't work at 10mg dose, worked very well (250s to 160s) at 20 mg dose
  • Testosterone replacement
  • Diovan (to lower blood pressure)
    Sorta works somewhat
  • Naproxen (to relieve joint pain)
    Sorta works, pain is less
  • Protonix (to relieve stomach problems caused by Naproxen)
    Works, stomach stopped hurting
  • Vitamins B
  • Vitamin C
  • Vitamin E
  • Omega3 fatty acids (to further lower triglycerides)

I was having symptoms of low blood sugars when I went to see her. She Dx'd me with Insulin Resistance and/or "Glucose Intolerance" and/or "Syndrome X"...

Atkins has CERTAINLY stopped my blood sugar swings, so I feel better, and the loss of 25 pounds didn't hurt either... so I hope she can start to reduce some of these meds. I know that Dr. Atkins is against the Lopid and I think also the statin Lipitor, so I'll see if she'll let me drop/reduce those, as well as the Prozac.

Has anyone else been on these kinds of drugs and stopped? Any idea if it is preferable to wean off of these rather than cold-turkey?

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I hope to be able to add my experiences to the knowledgebase that is here.

Ron