#6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 14:35

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 230/203/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Well...

Danwoody,
The reason that I bought a new digital scale is because, as I'd mentioned, the old one fluctuated so wildly that I could not trust it. I grew weary of the math: weigh four times and average. I just wanted to step on a scale once, trust the result and go on with my day. Because the new scale provides that, I'm willing to live with the increase of 10 pounds (I'm not happy about it, but I can deal.) Further, the new scale is one of those models that measures bodyfat percentage. I do a lot of heavy lifting at the gym, and so I am interested in monitoring BF %.

Marlaine,
Thank you so much for answering my question. I think that I will modify my goal weight from 150 to 160, just so it doesn't seem that my goal weight is impossible to attain. And as I get closer to my goal, I'll then know how my body feels and what it will look like, and can adjust accordingly. One lesson I think that we can all take away from this is the charts that we see that list "proper" body weight by height for men and women do not work for every individual.

Happy LCing to all!

-G.