#4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 14:00

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Is Low Carb healthy?

Hi Carsula

Certainly low carb has quite a low profile in the UK, but it is becoming more accepted. More recent research both in the US and UK are beginning to home in on the benefits of this way of life. There was a good piece in the Guardian a couple of weeks ago. See the Media Watch area of the forum for more details.

I have been living this way of life for over a year now and feel really healthy. I have more vegetables and more variety now than I did before and the same goes for the protein I eat.

I suffered very little at all, except when my hormones went ary as part of the peri-menopause, but I don't think I can blame my diet for that.

I was brought up that the body does not need sugar, and have not found it hard to give this up. I never was a bread lover, so giving up flour and products like that has not been hard either. It was really strange to eat a scone last week (with lashings of cream) whilst on my holiday, afterwards my stomach felt very heavy for a long time.

Every success. Why not pop into my journal and read more, particularly at the beginning.